|Posted by: Newport-Speedway on October 16, 2014 at 10:34pm|
Newport Speedway will be closing out the 2014 season with the first ever Street Stock Shootout, a 110-lap race with $2500 up for grabs and $150 to start.
The race will be broken up into three segments and will follow this format:
- To start, the top-5 qualifiers will be inverted.
- Segment 1 will be a 50-lap race, the winner of which will win $1,000
- There will be a 10 minute intermission following the conclusion of the first segment
- Segment 2 will be another 50-lap race, the winner of which will win $1,000
- There will be a 5 minute intermission following the conclusion of the second segment
- The third and final segment will consist of a 10-lap shootout. The top 5 finishers of the second segment will be inverted for the start. The winner of this segment will win $500 along with the event trophy.
Entry fee is $300 which covers a transponder fee and the required six tires for the event. Newport Speedway is asking for would-be competitors to register in advance by using the downloadable form which is on our website at www.newportmotorspeedway on both the home page and the SSS Information page.
The event is late in the season and many tracks by then will had ended their seasons. So we cordially invite the competitors of Lonesome Pine Raceway, Kingsport Speedway, Hickory Motor Speedway and others in the region to come up to The East Tennessee Bullring and help make this shootout special.
We will also be holding races for Mini Cups and FWD, details on those events will be forthcoming.