NASCAR Whelen All-American Series News
Saturday Night’S Race At Caraway Postponed Until April 21
Apr 15, 2007 - updated Apr 15th, 2007 12:06am
Web posted by Jason Mitchelle
Asheboro, N.C. --
(April 14, 2007) – The Whelen Southern Modified Tour 150 scheduled for Saturday night at Caraway Speedway has been postponed until next Saturday night, April 21 due to heavy rain showers that hit the area just prior to the start of the race.
The drivers were in their cars and ready to go racing until Mother Nature intervened and dampened the .455-mile short track.
The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour competitors completed a late afternoon practice session as well as qualifying on Saturday. Just like has been the case in the first three races of the 2007 season, it was the Walnut Cove, N.C. driver once again winning the Bud Pole Award thanks to his lap at 103.201 mph to best his brother, Jason, who qualified second with a lap at 102.651 mph. L.W. Miller qualified third, Brian King fourth, Michael Clifton fifth and Greg Brunnhoelzl sixth.
The top six qualifiers were shuffled up following the draw-redraw. That put Clifton on the inside of the front row with Jason Myers second. The second row is L.W. Miller and Brian King. The third row consists of Clifton and Brunnhoelzl.
Starting lineup for the Sunday, April 22, Icebreaker NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race at Thompson International Speedway, showing starting position, car number, driver, hometown , make of car and qualifying speed.
Whelen Southern Modified Tour 150
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
Caraway Speedway April 14, 2007
1. (4)Jason Myers, Walnut Cove N.C., Chevrolet, 102.651
2. (50)Michael Clifton, Walkertown N.C., Chevrolet, 100.874
3. (17)Brian King, Burlington N.C., Chevrolet, 100.906
4. (83)Tim Brown, Cana Va., Chevrolet, 101.916
5. (36)L.W. Miller, Mooresville N.C., Pontiac, 101.897
6. (1)Burt Myers, Walnut-Cove N.C., Chevrolet, 103.201
7. (2)George Brunnhoelzl, Babylon N.Y., Dodge, 100.843
8. (14)Bobby Hutchens, Lexington N.C., Chevrolet, 100.596
9. (81)Brian Pack, Walkertown N.C., Chevrolet, 100.509
10. (57)Jay Foley, Stuart Va., Chevrolet, 100.485
11. (69)Junior Miller, Pine Hall N.C., Dodge, 100.318
12. (07)Frank Fleming, Mount Airy N.C., Pontiac, 100.318
13. (13)Chris Flemming, Mount Airy N.C., Chevrolet, 99.411
14. (26)Wesley Swartout, Stroudsburg Penn., Ford, 99.249
15. (7)Thomas Stinson, Chester Va., Chevrolet, 98.580
16. (31)Gene Pack, Myrtle Beach S.C., Chevrolet, 97.803
17. (98)Rich Kuiken, Jr., Staffordville N.J., Chevrolet, 97.791
18. (76)Jason Trinchere, Sherrills Ford N.C., Chevrolet, 97.599
19. (70)Andrew Seuss, Hamstead N.H., Chevrolet, No speed
* Denotes Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender