NASCAR Whelen All-American Series News
Juteau Continues To Climb NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Division II Standings
Aug 8, 2006 - updated Aug 8th, 2006 5:21pm
Web posted by Jeremy Davidson
Daytona Beach, Fla. --
For Immediate Release:Aug. 8, 2006
* Kosiski, Byrd retain top positions in division
Benoit Juteau continued his climb up the Division II standings this week in the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series. The Ste. Sophie, Quebec, driver moved from sixth to fourth, with 848 points. At his home track, Autodrome St. Eustache in Quebec, Juteau has scored one win, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes in 13 events. As Juteau moves up, Joe Kosiski and Dave Byrd continue to lead the NDWS Division II standings. Kosiski of Omaha, Neb., holds both first and second positions with 1,094 points. He is ranked twice in the standings by virtue of leading the NASCAR points at both facilities where he competes - I-80 Speedway at Nebraska Raceway Park, in Greenwood, Neb., and Adams County Speedway, in Corning, Iowa. He extended that lead slightly with his eighth win of the season, last Saturday at Adams County Speedway.
Byrd, of Pacific Grove, Calif., is ranked third in the NDWS Division II standings with 914 points. In addition to his home track of Altamont Motorsports Park near Tracy, Calif., Byrd has also raced this season at Stockton 99 Speedway in Stockton, Calif. A victory by Pete Anderson Jr., on Saturday night at his hometown track of Stockton 99 Speedway was enough to propel him back into the top five of the NDWS Division II standings. Anderson has garnered 836 points - with three wins, 10 top-five and 15 top-10 finishes on the historic quarter-mile paved oval, which is slated to close at the end of the season.
NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series
Division II Leaders as of Aug. 8 (best 16 points finishes)
Driver, Hometown, Home track, NDWS points
1. Joe Kosiski, Omaha, Neb., I-80 Speedway, 1,094 points
2. Joe Kosiski, Omaha, Neb., Adams County Speedway, 1,094
3. Dave Byrd, Pacific Grove, Calif., Altamont Motorsports Park, 914
4. Benoit Juteau, Ste. Sophie, Quebec Autodrome St. Eustache, 848
5. Pete Anderson Jr., Stockton, Calif., Stockton 99 Speedway, 836
6. Shane Riner, Guyton, Ga., Oglethorpe Speedway Park, 820
7. Stuart Ricks, Myrtle Beach, S.C., Myrtle Beach Speedway, 766
8. John Blewett III, Howell, N.J., Wall Township, N.J., 738
9. Doug Manmiller, Wyomissing, Pa., Grandview Speedway, 712
10. Shane Brafford, Concord, N.C., Concord Motorsport Park, 692
11. Steven Gannon, Redding, Calif., Shasta Raceway Park, 556
12. Joe Aramendia, Schertz, Tex., San Antonio Speedway, 542
13. Greg Moir, Spruce Grove, Alberta, Edmonton InternationalRaceway, 494
14. Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dracut, Maine, Lee USA Speedway, 458
15. Mike Leaty, Williamson, N.Y., Spencer Speedway, 438
New to the Top 15:
Pete Anderson Jr., Stockton, Calif.
Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dracut, Maine
Dropped out of the Top 15:
Guy Guibor, Manteca, Calif.
Dean Weber, Weare, N.H.
For more information, contact:
Jeremy Davidson, NASCAR Public Relations, (386) 681-4173 or