NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Series News
Brunnhoelzl Finishes What He Started Whelen Southern Modified Champ Wins From Pole At Langley
Sep 6, 2015 - updated Sep 6th, 2015 9:38am
Web posted by Tim Southers
Hampton, Va. --
Tweet This Release: http://hmtk.co/1Lc86Ku
Expanded Race Results: http://hmtk.co/1ipicAx
Updated Point Standings: http://hmtk.co/1dYonIx
For Immediate Release
Brunnhoelzl Finishes What He Started
Whelen Southern Modified Champ Wins From Pole At Langley
HAMPTON, Va. (Sept. 5, 2015) – George Brunnhoelzl III has led more laps at Langley Speedway than anybody on the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour. But that hasn't always translated into victories.
Saturday night, Brunnhoelzl closed the deal.
The four-time tour champion from Long Island won the Coors Light Pole Award and cruised to the win in the Bayport Credit Union 150 presented by Budweiser. Brunnhoelzl's No. 28 Composite Tech/Dunleavy's Truck & Trailer/Oval Speed Chevrolet finished .387 seconds ahead of Kyle Ebersole, who edged Andy Seuss for the runnner-up spot.
It was Brunnhoelzl's 24th career win and second at Langley. He also had a pair of seconds and a third in the last six tour races at the .396-mile oval. Brunnhoelzl led 141 laps and pulled away from Seuss on a Lap 148 restart.
Burt Myers finished fourth and his brother Jason Myers, the championship points leader entering the night, was fifth. Jason Myers now leads Seuss and Burt Myers by just one point apiece, and Ebersole by five. Brunnhoelzl, in search of a fifth title, is just nine points out of the lead.
Jeremy Gerstner was sixth, followed by Bobby Measmer Jr., Frank Fleming, Joe Ryan Osborne and David Calabrese.
The Bayport Credit Union 150 presented by Budweiser will air on NBCSN on Friday, Sept. 11 at 2:30 p.m.
The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour has three races remaining and will next visit South Boston (Virginia) Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 19.
NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour-Bayport Credit Union 150 presented by Budweiser Results
At Langley Speedway
Lap length: 0.396 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (1) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150 laps, 65.555 mph.
2. (4) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 150.
3. (2) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150.
4. (7) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
5. (3) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
6. (8) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 150.
7. (10) Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
8. (6) Frank Fleming, Mt. Airy, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
9. (14) Joe Ryan Osborne, Holland, Pa., Pontiac, 150.
10. (11) David Calabrese, Toms River, N.J., Chevrolet, 150.
11. (9) Trey Hutchens, III, Winston-Salem, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
12. (5) Gary Putnam, Vernon, Conn., Chevrolet, 148.
13. (13) A.J. Winstead, Bon Air, Va., Chevrolet, 145.
14. (12) Mike Norman, Lewisville, N.C., Chevrolet, 72, mechanical.
Time of Race: 54 minutes 22 seconds
Margin of Victory: 0.387 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: G. Brunnhoelzl, III (94.411 mph, 15.1 seconds)
Caution Flags: 7 for 33 laps.
Lead Changes: 4 among 3 drivers.
Lap Leaders: G. Brunnhoelzl,III 1-76; K. Ebersole 77-84; G. Brunnhoelzl,III 85-147; A. Seuss 148; G. Brunnhoelzl,III 149-150.
Standings: 1. J. Myers, 308; 2. A. Seuss, 307; 3. B. Myers, 307; 4. K. Ebersole, 303; 5. G. Brunnhoelzl,III, 299; 6. F. Fleming, 287; 7. G. Putnam, 283; 8. B. Measmer,Jr., 282; 9. J. Gerstner, 266; 10. D. Calabrese, 264.