NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Series News
Brunnhoelzl Back In Caraway Victory Lane
Jul 6, 2015 - updated Jul 6th, 2015 9:50am
Web posted by
Twelfth Career Whelen Southern Modified Win At North Carolina Oval
SOPHIA, N.C. (July 4, 2015) – George Brunnhoelzl III is once again all alone atop the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour career wins list at Caraway Speedway.
With his performance Saturday night Brunnhoelzl took home the checkered flag in the Daggett & Shuler Attorneys at Law Rusty Harpe Memorial 150 for his 12th career victory at the venerable .455-mile oval. That breaks a tie for the track lead he was in with Andy Seuss, who won the tour’s last visit to Caraway in March.
The West Babylon, New York, native also extended his Whelen Southern Modified Tour record for career wins to 23 in the process.
Jason Myers finished as the runner-up with Eric Goodale in third. Kyle Ebersole and Joe Ryan Osborne rounded out the top five while Gary Putnam, Seuss, Bobby Measmer Jr., Frank Fleming and JR Bertuccio completed the top 10.
Seuss, the polesitter for the race, tangled with Bertuccio on Lap 114. The latter was assessed a penalty for rough driving, but both were able to salvage top-10 finishes.
Jason Myers took over the top spot in the standings by two points over his brother Burt (196-194). Bertuccio sits third with 190.
The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour will return to action Aug. 1 with the Strutmasters.com 199 at Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour-Daggett & Shuler Attorneys' At Law Rusty Harpe
Memorial 150 Results
At Caraway Speedway
Lap length: 0.455 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (4) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150 laps, 71.863 mph.
2. (9) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
3. (10) Eric Goodale, Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
4. (6) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 150.
5. (5) Joe Ryan Osborne, Holland, Pa., Pontiac, 150.
6. (15) Gary Putnam, Vernon, Conn., Chevrolet, 150.
7. (1) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150.
8. (11) Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
9. (3) Frank Fleming, Mt. Airy, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
10. (2) JR Bertuccio, Centereach, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
11. (12) Luke Fleming, Mount Airy, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
12. (13) David Calabrese, Toms River, N.J., Chevrolet, 150.
13. (17) Trey Hutchens, III, Winston-Salem, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
14. (16) Tom Abele Jr., Norwich, Conn., Chevrolet, 148.
15. (14) Kyle Bonsignore, Bay Shore, NY, Chevrolet, 148.
16. (8) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 111, tie rod.
17. (7) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 84, engine.
18. (18) Paul Hartwig Jr., Freehold, NJ, Chevrolet, 0, did not start.
Time of Race: 56 minutes 59 seconds
Margin of Victory: 1.034 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: A.Seuss (101.878 mph, 16.078 seconds)
Caution Flags: 4 for 29 laps.
Lead Changes: 5 among 5 drivers.
Lap Leaders: A. Seuss 1-84; B. Myers 85; D. Calabrese 86-90; G. Brunnhoelzl,III 91-141; J. Myers 142; G. Brunnhoelzl,III 143-150.
Standings: 1. J. Myers, 196; 2. B. Myers, 194; 3. J. Bertuccio, 190; 4. K. Ebersole, 189; 5. A. Seuss, 180; 6. G. Putnam, 180; 7. G. Brunnhoelzl,III, 179; 8. F. Fleming, 179; 9. D. Calabrese, 171; 10. E. Goodale, 170.