NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Series News
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Results, Brunnhoelzl Leads Wire-To-Wire At South Boston
Apr 14, 2013 - updated Apr 14th, 2013 11:37am
Web posted by
Tweet This Release:
Expanded Race Results:
Updated Point Standings:
For Immediate Release
Brunnhoelzl Leads Wire-To-Wire At South Boston
Whelen Southern Modified Champ Notches 18th Career Win
SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (April 13, 2013) – George
III led wire-to-wire to score his 18th career victory in the NASCAR
Whelen Southern Modified Tour on Saturday - winning the South Boston 150
at South Boston Speedway.
three-time tour champion from West Babylon, N.Y., became the third
different winner in three races this season and extended his lead in the
who earlier in the day won his 19th career Coors Light Pole Award in
qualifying, was shadowed throughout the 150-lap event by Brian Loftin.
followed across the finish line by Kyle Ebersole, John Smith and Tim
Brown. Completing the top 10 were Burt Myers, Jason Myers, Gary Putnam,
Jeremy Gerstner and Renee Dupuis.
four previous starts at South Boston, Brunnhoelzl had finished second
on two occasions, in 2009 and 2011. He has led a tour high 311 laps at
the .4-mile oval.
The Southern Modified Tour has had five different winners in five
visits to the Virginia track.
Brunnhoelzl had recorded the most recent wire-to-wire win in the tour, at Charlotte last October.
The race was slowed due to caution five times for 27 laps.
next event on the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified schedule will be at
Caraway Speedway near Asheboro, N.C., on Saturday, April 20.
Integrated Marketing Communications
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour-South Boston "150" Results
At South Boston Speedway
South Boston, Va.
Lap length: 0.4 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (1) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150 laps, 55.215 mph.
2. (2) Brian Loftin, Lexington, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
3. (8) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 150.
4. (5) John Smith, Mount Airy, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
5. (3) Tim Brown, Rural Hall, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
6. (6) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
7. (7) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
8. (11) Gary Putnam, Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
9. (17) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Chevrolet, 150.
10. (10) Renee Dupuis, Glastonbury, Conn., Chevrolet, 149.
11. (14) Luke Fleming, Mount Airy, N.C., Ford, 148.
12. (12) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Dodge, 140.
13. (4) Danny Bohn, Freehold, N.J., Chevrolet, 129.
14. (18) Donnie Lacks, Forest, Va., Chevrolet, 124.
15. (9) J R Bertuccio, Jr, Centerrach, N.Y., Chevrolet, 112, accident.
16. (15) Bryan Dauzat, Alexandria, La., Chevrolet, 112, accident.
17. (16) Mike Norman, Lewisville, N.C., Chevrolet, 79, accident.
18. (13) Michael Speeney, Newtown, Pa., Chevrolet, 75, accident.
19. (19) David Calabrese, Toms River, N.J., Chevrolet, 0, did not start.
Time of Race: 1 hour 5 minutes 12 seconds
Margin of Victory: 1.094 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: G.Brunnhoelzl, III (98.240 mph, 14.658 seconds)
Caution Flags: 5 for 27 laps.
Lead Changes: 0 among 1 drivers.
Lap Leaders: G. Brunnhoelzl,III 1-150.
1. G. Brunnhoelzl,III, 131; 2. K. Ebersole, 119; 3. T. Brown, 113; 4.
B. Myers, 112; 5. A. Seuss, 110; 6. J. Smith, 103; 7. G. Putnam,
100; 8. B. Loftin, 96; 9. L. Fleming, 93; 10. B. Dauzat, 92.