Please patronize our sponsors!
Langley Speedway News
Langley Speedway's 2011 Awards Banquet at the Hilton Garden Inn Riverfront
Nov 6, 2011 - updated Nov 6th, 2011 7:19pm
Web posted by Gary Daughtrey
Suffolk, VA. --
Langley Speedway's 2011 Awards Banquet
at the Hilton Garden Inn Riverfront - Suffolk, VA
Champions lauded at season-ending soiree
Saturday, November 5, 2011
SUFFOLK, Va. (Nov. 5) A crowd of nearly 400 filled the Hilton Garden Inn Riverfront's ballroom on Saturday evening as Langley Speedway dropped the curtain on a successful 2011 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series campaign at its annual awards banquet.
The top 10 finishers from each of the track's 11 regular divisions were recognized, accompanied by a Taylor Meyn-produced video presentation. Outstanding performers from the recently-completed season divvied a points fund in the neighborhood of $42,000.
Special attention was reserved for the 2011 champions: C.E. Falk (Crossroads Fuel Service Late Model Stock Cars); Shawn Balluzzo (KeesVacations.com Modifieds); Ricky Derrick (Pepsi Grand Stocks); Ryan Nester (Heritage Motor Co. Super Streets); Brad Hancock (Cycle City Corp. INEX Legends); Tommy Nixon (Larry King Law Super Trucks); Landon Florian (EZ Auto of Newport News UCARs); Doug Warren (Standard Welding Pro Sixes); Chris O'Brien (Rhonnda Claiborne, Realtor HRKC Pro Winged Champ Karts); Macy Causey (CBX Modular Homes INEX Bandoleros); and, Danny Harrell (Enduros).
Recipients of special achievement awards included:
* Crossroads Fuel Service Late Model Stock Cars: Renno Marchetti IV (Rookie of the Year) and Terry Carroll (Sportsmanship).
* KeesVacations.com Modifieds: Darrell Vance (Rookie of the Year) and Jimmy Humblet (Sportsmanship).
* Pepsi Grand Stocks: Mark Frye (Rookie of the Year) and Andrew Condrey (Sportsmanship).
* Heritage Motor Co. Super Streets: Thomas Wilson (Rookie of the Year) and Rod Busitzky (Sportsmanship).
* Cycle City Corp. INEX Legends: Dannie Wyatt (Rookie of the Year) and Steve Keesee (Sportsmanship).
* Larry King Law Super Trucks: Jonathan Mullett (Rookie of the Year) and Chris Bechtel (Sportsmanship).
* EZ Auto of Newport News UCARs: Landon Abbott (Rookie of the Year) and Jon Largena (Sportsmanship).
* Standard Welding Pro Sixes: Steve Williams (Rookie of the Year) and Casey Sipe (Sportsmanship).
* Rhonnda Claiborne, Realtor HRKC Pro Winged Champ Karts: Albert Falk (Rookie of the Year and Sportsmanship).
* CBX Modular Homes INEX Bandoleros: James Bowen Jr. (Sportsmanship).
* Enduros: Derrick Boggess (Most Improved Driver) and Bill Eaker (Sportsmanship).
Also, Gary Hamlin, crew chief for Jeff Shiflett's #01 machine in the Late Model division, was named the NASCAR Craftsman Mechanic of the Year.
Promoter Chuck Hall and track announcer Mike Allen shared the emcee duties for the gala, while Tidewater DJs provided the musical entainment.
A longtime member of the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series, Langley Speedway is a .395-mile, slightly-banked oval. The track is located at 11 Dale Lemonds Dr., off North Armistead Ave., in Hampton, Va.
To learn more about Langley Speedway, fans may call the Speedway office at (757) 865-RACE or consult the track's Web site www.langley-speedway.com.
Click Here for entire list of tracks and series
RACERAP TOP NEWS RaceRap News & Photo Page Dillon Motor Speedway Caraway Speedway Hickory Motor Speedway Driver & Team Press Releases Florence Motor Speedway Coastal Plains Raceway Park Richmond International Raceway Myrtle Beach Speedway Southside Speedway Southern National Motorsports Park Mountain View Speedway
Lonesome Pine Raceway ACE Speedway Wake County Speedway